Effective Date: April 1, 2019
- Makes an inquiry by telephone, by email or through the Website;
- Provides information by email, through a contact form on the Website, or via an App;
- Registers, completes a profile or creates an account with us;
- Uses our Services;
- Participates or responds to surveys or requests for opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding our products and services;
- Participates in contests, sweepstakes and other promotions; and
- Uses other features of the Services that may be offered from time to time.
What categories of information do we collect?
Information We May Collect From You.
“Personal information” means any information about an identifiable individual. The categories of personal information we may collect include: your first and last name, address, telephone or mobile number, CanadaConnect card number and email address. You will also be required to create a password when you create an account with us. We may also maintain information about your CanadaConnect prepaid card, such as the card balance, purchase history and sources used to add funds to your card (such as bank account number, credit card number, or payroll/employee identifier). We may also ask you to select your preferred language when creating an account with us.
We may also collect other information you provide us when interacting with us. For example, information about promotions you sign up for and participate in or the charities you designate or feedback you may choose to provide to us. We may also collect information from you when you contact us to report a lost or stolen card or to ask us questions about your CanadaConnect account.
Information We May Collect Automatically.
We may also collect certain information automatically. As you interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technology and services to record and collect information that identifies your computer, tracks your use of the Services and collects certain information about you and your surfing habits. This information may include information that identifies your device, IP address, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, what sections of a website you visit, and other similar information concerning your use. This information is used for fulfilling contracts with our business partners, and to help us serve you better by improving our website design, as well as our products, services, and promotions. For more information, see the “Cookies and Other Similar Technologies” section below.
Information Received from Third Parties.
In addition to information that we may collect from you, we may receive information about you (including personal information) from third parties. For example, if you are on another website and you opt-in to receive information from us, that website may forward to us your email address and other information about you so that we may contact you as requested. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as one of our pages on Facebook® or another social platform or website) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including personal information.
Why do we collect, use and disclose your information?
CanadaConnect collects, uses and discloses your personal information to provide you with products and services you request and for the purposes described below. We may also collect, use and disclose your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and as otherwise may be permitted or required by applicable laws.
We may collect, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you;
- To provide the Services to you, including any products or services that you may request;
- To establish and maintain commercial relations with you;
- To provide you with ongoing service and product and services offers;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To support our core business functions such as internal business processes, reporting, marketing and advertising;
- To manage, protect and improve the Services;
- To protect the safety, property or other rights of CanadaConnect, its employees and our customers; and
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Where we have the appropriate consent, we may also collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to provide you with information on products, services, special deals, contest, sweepstakes and other promotions announcements, surveys or a newsletter in connection with a product or service about which you previously inquired, or about a product or service that we think you might be interested in.
When do we disclose your information?
- with our partners, such as your employer who participates in our programs and services;
- with service providers or suppliers that help with our business operations and the Services, including those service providers and suppliers that help us market our products and services, provide analytics, administer programs, operations, or fulfill requests, surveys, contests, sweepstakes;
- when necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of CanadaConnect, our customers or employees;
- to detect and prevent fraud;
- with our parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries, such as USConnect, LLC;
- in connection with an acquisition of all or substantially all of the assets or business of CanadaConnect, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency; and
- when otherwise required or permitted by law.
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
You can refuse to accept the cookies we use by adjusting your browser settings. On your mobile device, you may also have a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) (Go to “Settings” > “Privacy” > “Advertising” and turn on “Limit Ad Tracking”) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android) which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may affect your use of the Services and ability to access certain features of the Services. You can find out more about how to manage cookies here: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
Information obtained through cookies, web beacons and tags may be shared with or obtained by service providers on our behalf. If third parties provide such analytics services and software, the third parties may also receive the information collected and their use of such information is governed by their privacy policies.
Third-Party Links and Social Media
The Services may contain links to other websites or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or mobile applications. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave the Services and to read the privacy statements or policies of each website or mobile application to which we may link that may collect personal information.
Security and Data Retention
We endeavour to maintain technical, physical and administrative security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
We will retain your information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected. We may also retain your information for a longer period if it is necessary for us to comply with laws governing the retention of records, whichever is longer, or to protect our legal rights.
It is important to us that we collect, use or disclose your personal information where we have your consent to do so. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. For example, when you enter into an agreement with us, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to the performance of that agreement and for any other purposes identified to you at the relevant time.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you may refuse or withdraw your consent to certain of the purposes identified herein at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, you acknowledge that we may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with certain services or information which may be of value to you.
Accessing and Correction of your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to, update and correct your personal information in our custody or control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by applicable by law.
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes. If you would like to update or correct your personal information, please log into your mobile or website account and update and correct your information. You may also request to update and change your personal information by email or writing to us at the contact information set forth below. We shall endeavor to correct or complete any personal information which you advise us is inaccurate or incomplete. In some circumstances, however, we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
You may also request access to your personal information by contacting us via at the contact information set forth below, and we will respond within the time periods provided for under applicable laws. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with the personal information we hold about you. Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. For example, we may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information if the information cannot be separated from the personal information of others, cannot be disclosed for reasons of security or commercial confidentiality, or is protected by legal privilege. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will advise you of the reasons access is being denied, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
You can use the settings within your iOS or Android device to opt-out of analytics tracking and bug reporting as described below.
- Location: You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through your device’s settings. If you block the use of location information, some or all parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly or not function at all.
- Camera: You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect information about your device’s camera and photos through your device’s settings. If you block the use of camera or photos, some or all parts of the App may be inaccessible or not function properly or not function at all.
- Microphone: You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect information about your device’s microphone through your device’s settings. If you block the use of the microphone, some or all parts of the App may be inaccessible or not function properly or not function at all.
- Push Notifications: If you do not want to receive push notifications from us, you may opt out of receiving these when you first launch the App or at a later stage by using the settings on your mobile device.
You can stop all collection of information by any of our Apps by uninstalling all such Apps.
Email and Other Communications
Through our Services and from time to time, you may sign up to receive electronic communications that tell you about our products and services. We will include an opt-out or unsubscribe feature if you no longer wish to receive future emails from us. You may also contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 800-334-5618 to stop receiving such communications.
Transfer of Data to Countries Outside of Canada
The Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such children through the Services. If you are under 18, please do not give us any personal information. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of child under 18 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Children under the age of majority in any jurisdiction outside of the United States should not provide personal information without their parent’s consent.
How to Contact Us
Attention: Privacy Officer
324 South Elm St, Suite 400
Greensboro, NC 27401
Telephone: 1 (800) 334-5618